St. John Camp
St. John Ukrainian Camp is a 160-acre property located in Val-des-Monts, Quebec. For over 50 years, this camp has been a treasure to the families and friends of our parish. It has historically served as a Ukrainian summer camp for the Eparchy of Toronto at large, and is presently enjoyed by nature-loving St. John the Baptist parishioners together with our friends from other communities.
The camp’s amenities include a beach, picnic tables, tenting areas, acres of forest with trails, 6 cabins available to rent, dormitories, and a large refectory dining hall with full kitchen for large group use.
Environment Canada weather forecast for Val-des-Monts
Facebook page for St. John Camp (for latest updates)
Covid-19 Update July 1st
Dear Camp Supporters,
St. John Camp will be cautiously opening July 1st with the following Covid-19 related restrictions:
- Anyone going to the camp for day visits, cabin stays or tenting must pass a Covid-19 pre-screening test and register their family/group at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to going to camp. Please register the day before.
- A day visit fee of $25 (or $100 fee per season pass) per vehicle applies to all day visitors. This covers costs including sanitization. Tenting and cabins are also available to book.
- Washrooms will be open but can only be used by adhering to the following precautions:
a. Only one family at a time can use washroom
b. Hands must be washed after using washroom
c. After using, please spray toilet, taps and door handles with sanitizer
- Canoes, life jackets, docks and floating docks will not be put out this year due to covid-19 transmission risk – you must bring your own water equipment, including life jackets. We will have an emergency flotation device by the life guard stand. Please note: This is no lifeguard on duty. Use is at one’s own risk.
- After using a picnic table, please sanitize it using the spray provided.
- Visitors of St. John Camp must physically distance by 2 meters from those not in their immediate family. When physical distancing is not possible, masks are recommended.
- Drinking water is available from the tap outside the main kitchen. Please sanitize tap after using.
- Parents must safeguard their children at the camp both when near water and in regards to physical distancing.
- Cabins will be sanitized and be empty for a minimum 72 hour period between guests. Sanitization kits will be left in each cabin.
- Sanitize swings after using.
- All other camp rules remain in effect.
Should restrictions change and we must cancel your reservation, any deposits will be rebated in full.
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Update: Anyone going to the camp for day visits, cabin stays or tenting must pass a Covid-19 pre-screening test and register their family/group at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to going to camp. ***Please register the day before.
Camp Committee Chair.
Location and Contact
21 Chemin Newcombe
Refectory kitchen: 819-457-9765
White house: 819-457-1407
For bookings and all inquiries: email@example.com
Parish activities that take place at St. John’s Camp are listed here.